Tuesday, October 14, 2008

First full day of work - most of us survived

Today is Ellie's 2nd birthday. I can't quite believe that she is 2 months old, but the calendar said so. Today I was at work all day for the first time. I was helping on an interview panel, and although I don't want to be back at work, it is helping slightly to ease into it. I got up at 6:30, meant to get up at 6 and get on the elliptical, but that didn't happen. I showered, pumped, made breakfast, nursed Ellie twice, made my lunch and then started the daunting task of finding something presentable to wear. I didn't get dressed first, because well Ellie is a spitter-up-er and I thought it would be futile. As it was, she didn't urp on me at all, but had I been wearing nice clothes, yes she would. I left the house at 8:45 slipping into the office right at 9. Larry then brought the girls to me at 11:15 for my lunch break so I could nurse Ellie. He took them to NW Kids Club and Ellie slept and Isabel ran around, so sounded like an easy morning. Ellie nursed for a full 40 minutes, then was grinning and smiling, seemed like a happy baby. I went back in for the rest of my day, and Larry went home. Apparently Ellie still isn't taking a bottle, so the afternoon was really rough for Larry. I got home and she is much happier, I told her not to be so hard on daddy.

So here is the picture of a milk induced coma for Ellie, I have a feeling we will be up lots of the night nursing and sleeping. Tomarrow I meet with day care and see the infant room and home to get the girls part time schedule extended through January...

No comments: